Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Chicken Osaka - Thank you honey!

I am so lucky that I have a hubby that loves to cook....   I mean I do like to cook but mostly family recipes that I have learned to cook from my gramma.. She was such a great cook and I love to cook the recipes she used to.  My hubby is more of an experiment type cook, trying new recipes, making his own recipe.  I was busy last night making a couple salads for our daughters jewelry party she is having tonight, so he took over the kitchen and.... dinner was so yummy... 

I forgot to take photos, sorry...    So here is a recipe he found

*Sauce 1
Ginger Dressing (You will be cooking the chicken with this)
1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil
1/4 Cup Orange Juice (he used Sunny D since that is what I bought him, hehe)
2 Tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
2 Tablespoons Grated Ginger
1 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
1 Tablespoon Sugar
1 Clove Garlic, minced (optional)
2 Scallions, chopped (optional)
Combine all ingredients and mix together.

*Sauce 2
Osaka Sauce (The Dipping Sauce)
3 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
1/2 cup Lemon Juice 
2 Teaspoons Dry Mustard
3 Tablespoons Sugar
2 Tablespoons Sesame Oil
2 Tablespoons White or Rice Vinegar
1/3 Cup Vegetable Oil
Blend this together
Now that you have these two sauces made. Let's get to the cooking

You will need..............
1 1/2 to 2 Lbs. Chicken (or shrimp)
3 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
2 to 3 Slices of Fresh Ginger (or grated ginger)
1/2 Lemon, Juiced and Zested
Chop up your chicken into bite sized pieces. Heat up your wok or deep pan.
Add your 3 Tablespoons of Vegetable Oil.
When the oil just starts to smoke add Chicken, Lemon juice, zest and Ginger.
Get the Chicken slightly browned then add Sauce No. 1 (the Ginger Dressing) Just enough to coat.
Heat through.

Serve over white rice.  We also poured some of Sauce 2 over the entire dish before we ate it.

Hope you enjoy.  Tina

1 comment:

The Moonlit Stitch said...

This sounds good! I lack in the kitchen to say the least Tina! LOL! ~*~Lisa